Friday 15 August 2008

Warts and all

I found a tiny dot on my thumb when I was 38 weeks pregnant, I went to the chemist to try to get something for it but as I was pregnant they refused to give me anything but did confirm it was a wart. Yuk, I've never had one before in my life and I don't know where it came from. Anyway, about 2 weeks into motherhood it had got a little bigger and I went back to the same chemist and asked once more for some medication. After about 10 minutes chatting on the phone to the distributor, they once again refused me any treatment as I was breastfeeding. I had to wait. It has slowly but steadily got bigger and this week I've had enough. I went to the doctors to get it sorted, surely they could help and besides I'm only breastfeeding a little now. I've been given some stuff that smells like nail varnish to paint on every day and it may take over 6 weeks to get rid of it! Blimey. I've read the packet and after applying the first dose realise that I am burning it off slowly with acid . . .nice.

No comments: