Monday 25 August 2008

To blog or not to blog . . .

That is the question. . . .that I am constantly pestered about from Richard!

Richard seemed unconcerned that I had a blog, at first he couldn't understand why I was writing one. I want to write it for me, to remind me of the highs and lows, remind me how I felt and when milestones happened for me and Tilly. But recently curiosity got the better of him and he read a blog or two (sadly one of the rare bad 'uns!). Since then I have noticed that his behaviour has changed, he panics if he is not coping while changing a dirty nappy, squealing "please don't blog me, please don't blog this!" and when he has done something good he reminds me that he's been good and suggests it makes it into the blog. So just who am I writing it for now? For Tilly? A place for her to see that her daddy was a good daddy and did lovely things too.

I find this fretting about being blogged quite funny, it doesn't even cross my mind until he mentions it! He can't cope with the nappies very well that cannot be disputed but he means well and his absurd flapping usually makes me smile.
There have been many positive things to blog about but without being reminded I wouldn't have considered it 'blog worthy', this isn't to say that they aren't appreciated. So thanks and praise must go to Richard for being a wonderful husband and father to Tilly*. He has even recently got very handy and even done DIY and gardening, removing 4 tonnes of shale from the back garden so we can have grass for Tilly.

Tomorrow is back to work for me after 6 months off. Both Tilly and I have our bags packed, clothes laid out and I'm ready. I hope she is OK tomorrow. I am excited about going back. I just hope that Tilly is fine at nursery and we don't take 10 steps back with our new found friendship because of it.

* I've written this one armed, with my other arm behind my back ;-)

1 comment:

blues singer said...

very best of luck for tomorrow - will be thinking of you xx