Sunday 17 August 2008

Don't make me laugh I'm trying to hold my breath!

Tilly has received a wonderful and very apt gift from Karen and Mike - Poop happens and it does, a lot! Richard experienced real poo again, coped quite well to start with but with wriggly legs and the smell, I could hear his cries for help getting more frantic. These situations are best dealt with quickly and by holding your breath, so I got to work to get rid as fast as possible. Meanwhile Richard stood almost gagging, his repulsion clear by his coughing and body language followed by retching. I started to laugh and with each breath took in more of the toxic smell. I kept trying to tell Richard to stop but we were both giggling by that point, one of those moments where you really don't want to laugh as I could feel the smell erode my lungs on the way down. Disaster averted. Richard says he is going to have to get a gas mask to do anymore, can you imagine how much he'll scare the poor girl with a mask on?! I hadn't realised that I held my breath through each nappy change until he made me laugh and I breathed the toxic air. In a way I'm quite proud of Matilda, she is helping me get him back for every time he has filled the air with his own toxic farts! Bless him.

Jane and Peter dropped in this weekend on their way back from France. I'd forgotten that Jane doesn't like me talking about Tilly's bogies. It wasn't until I was trying to get a huge one out of her left nostril in front of her that I remembered. She looked horrified, once it was out I said I was going to add it to her 'Bogie album' she looked at me, not quite sure if I was joking or not! What fun!

No comments: