Sunday 3 August 2008

Gorgeous not just in her mother's eyes

I am a proud mum and like any mum think my daughter is absolutely gorgeous. I also know that not everyone will share this sentiment with me. Today, Richard returned from Boots having picked up some photos from processing and the packet was just delightful. Someone processing them had written on them "How cute is your baby!!!" They may well write it on everyones photos but I'd like to think they don't. It has made me smile all day and be extra especially proud of my 'officially' cute little girl.

Then I realised I have come over all gushing about her generally. This last week has been amazing. She has just developed so much in all areas. We have a great routine going and we are far more in tune with each other than we have been before. All the things I was starting to get more and more anxious about, she has just adpated to. She is happily taking a bottle at three feeds now, she is enjoying eating thicker and thicker baby rice with more flavours. I can put her down when it is time for a sleep and she knows what she is supposed to do and lies there quietly for a while and then drifts off. She is interesting and smiley. I can make her laugh and giggle and these times are just pure joy - the best feeling, I can almost feel the chemicals rushing through my body when she laughs, better than any drug.

No comments: