Friday 2 January 2009

These shoes are made for walking


These shoes certainly are made for walking.  Having spent a few days sticking Matilda in the same pair of socks (the only ones that stay on and have grippers on the undersides) I finally went to buy her some shoes.  It is hard to walk on laminate flooring with slippy tights on, especially when you are still a bit wonky! Mothercare has a sale on and we picked up 3 pairs for £16.  A snip when one pair is normally £12. I've even thought ahead and bought one pair in the next size up.   

It is so weird seeing her in shoes.  She looks like a little girl now, standing up in proper shoes.  Where has my baby gone?  

The shoes are all so cute, so tiny and yet sturdy.  Never mind pitter patter of tiny feet, she seems to be stomping around already.  

Richard went back to work today and I sent him an email from Matilda which cheered him up.  It was weird him not being around. For the first time in ages I thought about work and realised I'd not missed it.  I'm enjoying being off and spending so much time with Tilly, Rich and mum.   I don't want it to stop really.   The other night I had a tear in my eye as I went to sleep, as it dawned on me that I was in the house with all the things that were most precious to me.  It is a lovely feeling to have them all so close and spend quality time together. 


No comments: