Monday 5 January 2009

Dee Dee back to 2D

Mum went home today. No matter how much I try I still do get upset when I say goodbye to her. It is always hard as she always has a tough exterior, "a lump behind the eyes" is as emotional as she gets. Probably something to do with the time when she was brought up - they were tough cookies back then. Stiff upper lip and all that. I did that squeaky/croaky voice thing as I tried to hide it . . she can't cope with crying so I squawbled some trivial chit chat gave her a big hug and she was off. As soon as she'd turned the corner I stood at the airport holding Tilly so tightly, tears once again streaming down my face. I can't help it, even when I'm writing this the tears are dripping on my keyboard. I think it was even harder this time, we've all had such a lovely time together and it is not just me that will miss her but Tilly too. I wish she lived closer. Skype is a wonderful thing but it never quite makes up for the real thing. Seeing someone pixelating and freezing every so often in a box will never quite match up to having them there and sitting on their knee (Matilda, not me I hasten to add!). So Dee Dee is back to 2D. Although I hear that Skype have just announced a new 3D camera kit, a camera that when viewed by friends with 3d specs can see you and your abode in the wonder of third dimension reality. When they invent teleporting I'll be happy.

So I'm back on my todd. I can't remember all the funny stories and rhymes that mum can but I'll have to try.

After we got home and Tilly had been for her sleep, she bent round the corner of the living room as we came through the door, craning her neck looking for mum. She looked into the dining room, then at me and then towards the kitchen. "She's gone home" I told her. Even though she didn't understand the words she looked sad. Tough luck kid, you're just left with me again.

No comments: