Friday 4 July 2008

POOP POOP!

Phew. Tilly has finally done a poo. It has been a difficult week for me, waiting for her to have a poo. It sounds ridiculous. But I've been on poop watch and recently it has almost consumed my life. I've not gone out in case she did one and it leaked so much I couldn't clean it up. Richard has been getting anxious and I've been in tears petrified that that tiny taste of apple has clogged up her insides. Too scared to speak to anyone as the midwives are so self righteous about weaning and breastfeeding. But finally today, after Skyping mum in tears with Tilly on my knee, Tilly trumped and poo'd and I've never been so happy. Mum could obviously hear it at the other end and we both cheered with jubilation at Tilly's poo. Motherhood is quite surreal sometimes.

So I whipped her upstairs to clear up and it was very stinky, stinkier than any other she has ever done and far messier, so messy in fact it has exploded out of her nappy onto her clothes. So sticky I needed to put her in the bath to get it off as wet wipes just weren't cutting it! But I'm happy. I phoned Richard immediately after we'd cleaned up but he wasn't at his desk so I exclaimed "Poop Poop" down the phone and hung up and then sent him the same text message. Hooray for Tilly, who still has no idea quite why I'm so happy or even what she did to make me so.

No comments: