Sunday 13 July 2008

Poop in Boots

As you may have gathered Tilly's poo is a recurring theme. As, I suppose many mothers and babies lives do - they must, surely it is not just us?

Tilly loves her hanging door frame bouncer and will quite happily spend long periods of time squealing and chatting while she dangles. Spinning around to take in everything that is going on all around her.

Richard was lying on the cream rug looking up at Tilly and I was sitting nearby. We both heard Tilly do a poo. Now, Richard has not been present for many of these exciting poo incidents. I walked over and took the hanger by the bar above her head and carefully lifted her off. But the design of these hangers is that the baby is strapped in like a bungee jumper. So I walked over to Richard and asked him to support her while I carefully lifted her out. It was at this point I made a fatal error, Richard chose to support her (knowing full well what she'd just done) under her crotch. This of course send cascades of poo flowing freely out of the sides of her nappy, down her trouser legs and literally pouring all over the cream rug (and Richard's white fleece top). He jumped and screamed in horror at the mere splash of poo on his arm, while I stared at the poo dribbling all over the cream rug in little pools. I was almost dazed for a second as I've struggled to get poo stains from her clothes after a good soak, how on earth was I going to get it out of a woolen cream thick pile rug?? That only lasted for a second as I quickly rushed her over to the hardwood floor (far easier to clean). She continued to hang dripping, watching as her father flapped with a horrified face and her mother stood over her with a fit of the giggles. Richard was almost shouting, "What do we do, What shall I do?" I asked him to get a carrier bag as she was still dribbling in large quantities all over the floor. Richard returned with a Boots carrier bag and we ignored the Health and Safety advice on the bottom and placed Matilda into the bag feet first with her arms threaded through the handles like a top. This would now contain the poo disaster that had been happening all over the floor. I carried her upstairs, ran the bath and pretty much plunged her in and got her undressed in there. I was still laughing. Mainly as Richard had a combined look of terror and horror on his face. I bet he was glad he went to work everyday and didn't have to deal with this kind of thing. I was delighted as it was a) funny and b) good that he'd experienced a poo incident, I was starting to think that Tilly was timing them all for me to deal with.



No comments: