Wednesday 16 July 2008

Dinner lady hat



The weather is getting hotter and hotter and I needed to get a sunshade for Tilly's pram so I decided to venture into the baby shop in Earlsdon. I also wanted a nosey as all the ladies at the breastfeeding cafe were talking about how good it was for baby clothes.

The shop was not as good as I'd been lead to believe, I obviously missed the part where they explained that it was good for Christening/Baptism clothes. Still, there was plenty there to look at.
I saw a basket full of lovely sun hats and started to look for one in Tilly's size. They were out of stock in the prettier hats. The sun has been so hot recently and with Tilly's baldy head she needs a hat. The only ones left in her size were a little odd looking. I put it on her head and said "Ooh that makes you look like a dinner lady". The lady in the shop seemed both a little shocked that I'd said such a thing and hurt that I'd mock her stock. The hat had made me laugh and for that reason and that really it doesn't matter what it looks like as long as it protects her from the sun I bought it.

I think she wears it quite well.

No comments: