Monday 21 July 2008

Domestic godess

I'm love with Phil Vickery - I've just made his ice cream and it is scrummy.

It has been a bit of a mission to get this far. I was watching This Morning a few days ago and Phil Vickery was making Lemon Curd ice cream, it looked so easy and delicious I decided I was going to make it. This is a bigger statement than it seems. I am not good in the kitchen. I can burn water. But recently I've been trying to rectify my inability and even did a roast chicken from scratch the other week - a massive achievement for me and a total surprise for Richard. A few days ago I went to Sainsbury's to get the ingredients and after Tilly went down for her sleep I got the ice cream machine out of the freezer. Piecing it together, there was something missing and I was gutted. Where was the ice cream spindle? Without it I'll screawm and screawm and screawm! I searched high and low and in every cupboard and drawer and it was nowhere to be seen. I have a vague recollection that it may have been chucked out after the move. So I had to order a new one from Magimix. To my delight it arrived this morning.

Now the ice cream making can begin. So easy. Bung it all in and shove it in the ice cream machine. I realised why there was a whole in the top, you're supposed to turn it on first and then pour it in. I poured it in and then turned it on, it wouldn't turn as the bits around the edges had already started to solidify. After a quick pouring out, rinse and back in again it was off and it is just pure heaven. Well done Phil Vickery for a masterful receipe. I am now your biggest fan.

I'm starting to feel like a domestic godess.

No comments: