Thursday 27 November 2008

We must be potty!

Now I am not suggesting for one minute that Tilly is being potty trained (I know it is all the rage in San Fransisco where mum's claim to have their baby's trained by 6 months - yeah right!), but nursery get all the babies used to sitting on the potty from 7 months.  Richard picked Tilly up from nursery and they proudly announced that she'd done a poo and a wee on her potty!  Well, after hearing some horror stories about toddlers freaking out and not liking their potties during training it makes sense that we get her used to the potty and continue what is happening at nursery.  

I went to Woolies to buy a potty.  On that note it was a sad day, Tilly will never know a trip to Woolworths - the joys of pic'n'mix and great childhood memories.  

When we got back I looked at the potty and thought I must be potty to be using it with Tilly at her age.  However as soon as her little hands started turning her imaginary taps* on I quickly got her nappy on and sat her on her potty.   Sure enough a little push later and Tilly had indeed done a poo on her potty!   I was so delighted I even took a picture and sent it to Richard at work and just in case you are sad you're missing out I've posted it here. Apologies for any offence but I've posted it small in case you're disgusted, but it is a part of mine and Tilly's life . . and this is what this is all about!

Since then I've spotted the signs a few times and we've managed to use the potty effectively. Each time I feel a strange mixture of disgust and pride. 

* Tilly has done this from quite early on, you can always tell a poo is coming when her eyes glaze over, she looks straight through you and her hands at equal distances apart start to move like she is turning on some taps.  

No comments: