Thursday 20 November 2008

Nasty bugs - poorly parents

Both Richard and I have been hit with a nasty bug.  Mine started quite quickly on Sunday evening and I had really bad cramps all night, nearly wretching lots.  I've not really been sick since my morning sickness and having that feeling again was awful, half of my body and mind wanted to be sick and get rid of it all but the other half was clinging on for dear life, petrified of being sick again.  Not surprisingly I didn't go into work and I was eventually sick in the morning. I felt dreadful all day and slept a lot, eventually got up to catch a bit of crap TV in the form of Diagnosis Murder and then Richard phoned.  He wasn't feeling so good so came home early.  He brought Tilly home from nursery at the same time. As soon as he got home he was straight upstairs in the bathroom, for hours.   I sat on the sofa watching Tilly on her mat, she kept looking at me as I didn't have the energy to interact or more importantly didn't want her to catch it.  
Eventually I put her to bed and went upstairs too.  My sickness passed as quickly as it started as I woke up at 9.20pm feeling perfectly well - almost 24 hours exactly since it started.  
Richard on the otherhand was sick all through the night, had the day off and just when we thought he was all better he was ill the next day too. 

No comments: