Sunday 16 November 2008

Bright lights and stickers

Due to the excitement of Coventry Market the Musical, we missed out on a trip out to a firework display with Tilly. Instead we watched them from the back bedroom window and she seemed interested but as they were a home display there were big gaps in between the rockets and she got distracted.

To make up for it, we took Tilly to Coventry's Christmas lights switch on this evening. Entertainment started early in the afternoon but we were planning to get in for the carnival and then the switch on. Got in just after the carnival had passed! So we watched the crappy stage show in Millennium Place and bought Tilly a cheap plastic spinning light wand (essential at any winter event!). She loved watching the lights in this odd plastic toy, a dome with LED lights that span round. I love watching her face when you can really see that she is taking everything in, she watched and grinned as acts sang Christmas carols on stage and could not take her eyes off a local punk teenagers hair! I'm always so proud to walk around with her, I'm not sure if every baby gets as much attention. I don't think I've ever been out without someone stopping me to say how lovely, what a lovely smile she has etc. Tonight was no exception and Richard and I stood proud as we heard people all around us go 'ahhh' or 'oooh' as they looked at her smiley face.

We were given all sorts of leaflets and even a sticker for The Belgrade's panto this year, Dick Whittington. The sticker was stuck directly onto Tilly's coat and she picked away at it while we were out, so I removed it and stuck it to her hat.
When we got home I was making her tea and I left her in her highchair as I often do.  I approached the table with a confused Tilly trying to shake something off her finger. It was the sticker, but sadly not a whole one . .she'd been chewing it and approximately 1/3 has been consumed. Well I've been very careful for over 8 months and I suppose it is a sign of things to come. I'd better have my beady eye ready for anything consumable soon - she later tried to eat a tissue so maybe she just likes the taste!

The leftovers of the sticker!

No comments: