Monday 31 March 2008

New mum to new mum

Camilla
March 30 at 9:22pm
Hi Siobhan,
Congratulations on the birth of Matilda. I have just been looking at your pictures, she is gorgeous. How old is she now? How are you finding motherhood & the sleepless nights?
Nathaniel is 4.5 months old now - it has flown by! He is doing well. I still have plenty of woken nights. Just as I think we have a routine it changes again! He does sleep well usually at night but not much in the day which is tiring in itself.
Take care
Camilla x

ME
March 31 at 3:30pm
Hi Camilla,
Thank you, good to hear from you. Motherhood is quite a shock really isn't it? You spend all that time during pregnancy reading and preparing for the arrival and birth but nothing compares to that shock of the first day and the realisation of what you've just done! Or at least that is how I felt, I got completely emotional and struggled for first 12 days but finally feel like I've turned the corner and am settling down. Thank goodness for my mum, who was fab and helped me through the tough bits.
Blimey 4.5 months, I can't imagine that now. She is so tiny. How about you, I bet you are very confident and very settled now. Are you going back to work? I have to confirm Matilda's nursery place for September this week - ;-(, but we just can't afford to take any more time off than that. I am only planning to go back part time though.
It's been good to hear from you. All the best to you and all the family!
Take care
S

Camilla
March 31 at 5:15pm
Yes i did feel exactly the same. It is such a shock. You think you are prepared until it happens. It did take a while for things to settle down & my mum was amazing too. I think its when you become a mum you really start to appreciate your own.
I am going back to work in Sept too, part time - which is quite enough.
I hope things continue to settle down
Dont hesitate to mail me if you have any worries that I may be able to help with. I think I am only just stopping worrying about everything now!
take care
Camilla x

No comments: