Friday 21 March 2008

Eye Eye


Tilly has got a gunky eye. It has lots of puss and looks very sore. As it is Good Friday we had to go to the NHS walk in centre in Coventry. I've never been before and as I walked in I felt unclean. There were so many people in a tiny stuffy room, made worse by the dampness of everyone as it was raining so much outside. We managed to squeeze past the tramps, drunks, chavs and occasional 'normal' person in the waiting area to the front desk. I was horrified that we'd have to stay in there with such a tiny baby I became obessesed by the amount what else she could pick up whilst there. We were ushered through into an alternative waiting area which seemed far more sanitised. There were a few more children there with tummy bugs and I'd heard some comment that they'd been there for a few hours. I really wanted to go private! But Tilly was asleep so it was only Richard and I who had to cope with the surroundings of Coventry's ill.

We got called in very quickly to see a doctor who assessed Tilly's eye. She remarkably stayed asleep during the examination (not bad as he opened her eyes with his hands and squeezed the gunk out onto a small spatula for testing). we were prescribed some drops and told that although it looks awful, she probably wasn't bothered by it.

We squeezed back out past the tramps and the chavs, who all looked disgruntled as they were still sitting in the first waiting room smelling of the damp rain on a bank holiday weekend.

No comments: