Monday 1 December 2008

Sleepless nights . . . a thing of the past??

Some people make me sick.  They stand there with their babies of 6 weeks and boast how they sleep through the night already and never make a peep, others moan that they had a disturbed night as their 'little angel' woke up once in the night and they are knackered. In response to these I have strong urges to lash out, we are now totting up a tidy 8 months of sleepless nights and disturbed sleep, in fact add on my sleepless nights from heavy pregnancy achey hips, needing a wee every five minutes I think it adds up to an even more exhausting 10 months.  

But finally, Tilly has spent two nights sleeping through from 7pm - 6am.   I am so impressed, although typically the first night she did it, I woke in a panic at 4am, worried that she hadn't stirred at all I got up to check if she was OK.  The next morning Richard and I looked at each other and checked if it was a good night or if the other one had prevented us from waking.  Finally we'd done it and we'd had a proper good night - like we used to, before all this began.  The next night we nervously went to bed hoping for another night and once again she did it, she also went back to sleep for another hour at 6am after I went in to see her.  7pm -7am.  Glorious.

It didn't last long. She has yet more teeth coming through and we had a 'normal' night last night - she woke at 11pm, 2am, 4,15am, 5.30am.  Eventually I was so exhausted I took her into our bed, thinking it was morning already she excitedly hit me in the face and babbled for about 40minutes until she finally bit the bullet and went back to sleep.

And so, here comes another night . . . I've got my concealer ready to cover up the growing black bags under my eyes.  

No comments: