Wednesday 24 December 2008

Christmas eve

Tilly started her Christmas eve once again playing with her Christmas cards. She has learnt to give them to you if you ask nicely.
This video makes me laugh as she is quite clearly telling me something about this card but I'm not sure what!



For a while I had planned, much to Richard's horror, to go to Coventry Cathedral's Christmas eve service with Matilda and mum.   The service was specially for children and they were encouraged to dress up.  Matilda had a long cream dress on and I'd got her some wings and a halo, she looked just gorgeous.  The Cathedral was packed already when we arrived and we were half an hour early.  Lots of people looked at her and made comments on how cute she looked.  We took our seats and the service started. It was lovely, there were loads of children there, some dressed as angels, shepherds, Kings and even sheep.   The service started with a Mary and a Joseph and then all the children who were dressed up were told to follow them on a journey around the Cathedral.  Tilly was too young but after a nudge from mum and a few words of encouragement from some others around us I too got up with Tilly and joined the march.  As I went, I felt quite emotional and tears were forming in my eyes.  The music was rousing and there I was walking down a Cathedral aisle with my daughter in my arms, dressed as an angel.  I was a lovely moment and I felt sad that Richard hadn't joined us.   It was a lovely service, we walked from place to place with stories and songs filling in the gap.  At the end we all lit candles and stood around the edge of the Cathedral making a huge circle of light.  It was a beautiful service and Tilly really was a little angel throughout, even though her halo had slipped a few times! 

When we got home Tilly played with her Christmas cards again in front of the tree, as you can tell from the picture, she is a bit of a card!







No comments: