Thursday 4 December 2008

Legendary Christmas Sleigh Ride

At our ordinary morning meetings at work, Christmas things that must be featured on air or the website was discussed.  A few people started to discuss the 'legendary Coventry sleigh ride' - what? I'd never heard of it.  Surely I would have heard of that, I've lived here 8 years now. 

After investigation I found out that it regularly attracts huge queues of children and has been running for no less than 51 years! Many people claim never to have missed a year.  Matilda is now a Cov Kid (whether we like it or not) so I took her down for a trip on the Coventry sleigh ride. 

The ride was great, I've attached a video link so you can enjoy the ride for yourself below. Matilda squealed as we bobbed up and down on the sleigh.  I was worried that she may cry at Father Christmas, she didn't.  She was given a bit of cheap plastic tat to take home, a pink wand that was motion activated and made a noise and lit up when it was moved.  It didn't take long for me to put the battery tag back in to stop it from working as she bashed it around while we walked out of the shop.  The noise was so loud.  I felt so mean that I took it out again once we were outside, not long after that she dropped it on the floor and it stopped working altogether.  I was relieved but sad for her, she looked disappointed - but hey it was literally cheap tat after all. 




Already I was starting to really enjoy being a mum, I can use the excuse of taking Tilly to some really great stuff. 

To experience the sleigh ride 'at home' visit: 


No comments: