Monday 28 April 2008

Unhealthy obsession with snot and songs

In my late night wanderings downstairs at stupid o'clock to feed Tilly I've watched some crap telly. But I've also seen things I wouldn't have otherwise. I found myself glued to Lily Allen's chat show which showed the best of the worst YouTube heroes. I only watched it once but the man and his stupid song has stuck in my head ever since. It is called "What? What?" and basically is a big gay man singing and the lyrics go a little like this:

"What? What? In the butt? What? What? In the butt? You wanna do it in my butt? In my butt? Do it in my butt? In my butt?"

Now, this isn't the sort of song I often sing along to but it has a very catchy (or should I say monotonous) tune. Ever since I heard it I've been singing it around the house and more worryingly to Tilly, especially when changing her nappy. Richard has told me I really should stop singing it but it is going to be hard.


The other song that has been sung a lot to Tilly is my own version of Natasha Bedingfield's song "I wanna have your babies". Again, this is a song I've only ever heard once but the song is catchy. I've reversioned the chorus for Tilly and I sing 'bogies' instead of 'babies'. She has a face full of snot at the moment and I have become rather pre-occupied with trying to get them out. I am fascinated when they do come out and I'm rather proud. I think perhaps too proud as I showed Jane one with a big smile and pride on my face but her face kinda showed me that I may have overstepped the mark a little with that one. Hey ho. Perhaps I'll just continue in private.
Richard has captured one of the moments beautifully on film.



No comments: