Saturday 5 April 2008

We're always la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, sho-ooo-ooo-pping

Whoohoo!

I've been shopping today, not just food shopping, proper shopping. Richard has been brilliant, he has noticed my frustration of still wearing my maternity clothes and not fitting anywhere near any of my old clothes and said we had to go shopping. So we went to Soilhull, it was ace. When we arrived Richard took Tilly in the pram and told me to go shopping, get some clothes that make me feel good. Yes, this is just what I needed. I nipped in and out of shops and got a fleece, a skirt and a pair of jeans. They all fit. Richard is not keen on the skirt, I've gone and got a short denim skirt and I know how he feels about denim. But he knows my reasons are to make myself feel less fat and frumpy and a short denim skirt does wonders for that.

I was hoping we'd get home before Tilly needed feeding but we didn't. The heavens opened and it poured down, Tilly was hungry and I had to feed her, we looked in Starbucks and other coffee shops but as it was raining and still lunchtime they were heaving with people, certainly nowhere to sit down. We ran to Weatherspoons and found a big sofa in the corner. I've never fed Tilly in a public place before, only ever at home in front of friends and family or at a breastfeeding cafe. I was slightly nervous and very self conscious but Tilly didn't know that and she was hungry. I carefully pulled my top up and draped my scarf over my shoulder to conceal her feeding. I'd done it, I was feeding in public and no one noticed. The Grand National was on the big screens and I squinted to see what was happening. The pub smelt of beer and wet bodies all trying to shelter from the rain but I didn't care.

I've overcome another hurdle and I've got new clothes that fit - today has been a good day.

No comments: