Thursday 3 April 2008

Back to work.

Today, I took the bull by the horns. Slapped on the make up, did my hair and ventured into town. This will be the furthest I've been. I'm still not used to driving with Tilly in the car but I need to get out, I need to do this. Before I even got in the car, the lady over the road came over to look at Tilly. When I said I was going into town, she asked if I should be doing that. Why? Because I had a baby 3 weeks ago or because she is so tiny? I felt so brave for going and - not just brave, proud of myself. I was up, washed, dressed and presentable and it wasn't even 11am. I've heard of new mums who don't get dressed all day. Not me, I am determined to get out and not let this difficult bit get the better of me. But now she had planted the seed of doubt into my mind. Should I be going out? Should I be driving? Hang on, I need to get out. I won't know if it is too early until I try it. I got in the car, drove in and Tilly was asleep by the time we got into town. I even managed to pop into New Look to buy myself some clothes but I think it was the excitement as they aren't at all nice, so I'll have to take them back. I made my way across town to work. I was really scared about going in.

Tilly was asleep and was cooed over by everyone. I felt better for seeing people. It made me miss work though. I am really proud of myself today. I feel almost normal, I've been into town shopping and visiting work.

No comments: