Friday 10 October 2008

Milky milky

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this, I am half disgusted and half surprised.   In the shower this morning I noticed that my breasts were still producing milk.   It has been six weeks since I stopped breastfeeding and I find this totally facinating.  I knew that if I regretted my decision that I could restart it but I was under the impression that I'd have to restart within a week.  The milk is yellow again, presumably it has returned to being colostrum.  Although I'm not planning on starting again I'm curious to know if I did would I have to go back through those initial stages again, colostrum through to the milk coming in.   They just don't tell you this stuff.    I wonder when it will all just stop and my body will return to 'normal'. 

No comments: