Saturday 11 October 2008

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth

Well she's got them!   

I feel like a terrible mother. I've been at work all week - a special case as The Musical gets into full swing we've been in the recording studio so Tilly was at nursery for 5 days this week.  I've missed her a lot as for 2 nights this week I've got back just after she's gone to bed so I have savoured today, making up for lost time with lots of stories, playing games and songs.   The nursery feed Tilly all her meals; breakfast, lunch and tea and we give her bottles before she goes and when she comes home.  Today I fed her breakfast and I noticed resistance on the spoon, I placed my clean finger in her mouth to feel a sharp tooth. I was so excited but also felt a slight tinge of guilt . . when had this key moment happened?  If they came through mid week I hadn't noticed, how awful of me, but without feeding her food I couldn't have.  I managed to get a better look and it wasn't just one but two, both bottom teeth had broken through her gums.  This maybe explains the fact that she has woken up the last few nights a few times, apparently it happens more with teething.  

Richard was in the shower, so I waited until he came back down and told him to place his finger in her mouth.  He casually replied "Oh to feel the teeth." Oh my goodness, he knew and didn't think to tell me!!   He thought it had been like that for a long time and noticed last night.  



Today we've been out to buy Matilda a toothbrush.  I think that this is quite a poignant moment, looking at the holder in the bathroom, it is the first sign that there are three 'people' in the house.   

No comments: