Thursday 11 September 2008

Roll over

Yesterday, Tilly's nursery book had a note saying that she'd rolled over. I was so pleased and desperate to see it.

She has had a cold for a week and although had a bad spell, the remnants are still there, she still has a very runny nose. The snot pours down both nostrils and mixes with her dribble until you can't tell the difference where it is all from! She has had a weepy eye but it looked a bit pussy, so we had to go to the doctors to get some eye drops. The doctor confirmed that it was conjunctivitis. Thankfully it is not that bad, just a mild case and it can't be that contagious as she rubs both her eyes and luckily it has just remained in the left eye.

After the doctors I brought her home and popped her on her back on her play mat, I walked out to the kitchen to get a tissue and when I walked back in only a few minutes later she was on her front. Damn. I missed it. I was so proud but gutted that I missed it. I put her on her back again but with me there staring at her, she just looked at me excitedly expecting me to do something. I've spent all afternoon trying to encourage her to do it again, even to the point of pretending to go out of the room again (spying through the door frame).

So, I suppose it is a milestone but one I've not seen yet.

No comments: