Friday 26 September 2008

Rhythm babies and exercise!

Rhythm babies - another baby class, but one I was looking forward as I no longer attend any baby groups since I've been back at work.  Rhythm babies is a chance to sing songs with other mums and babies.  I'd dragged Matilda into work with me before the first meeting and was a little worried as to how she'd react as she was tired and asleep when we arrived.   

It was brilliant, Matilda loved it.  She got a good ol' nose at all the other babies and mums and we had fun as we sang the songs together with all the actions.   There is one where we have to walk around the room holding our babies in front of us and then we drop them down (upright) and back up again.  It is good for the babies as they get to go up and down and good exercise for us as they are squat thrusts.  Matilda giggled out loud as we did this one so I repeated again when I got home and she giggled once more.  It is amazing the rush of chemicals that I can feel running through my body when she laughs, I can only imagine it is like taking drugs, pure love and happiness but all free with no nasty side effects. 

I loved getting to meet everyone from the baby massage and breastfeeding cafes again, it was nice to have some mummy time again and be with others who can enjoy discussing sick, poo and milk.  

The only downside was my limbs and muscles the following day. I could hardly walk.  I couldn't work out why but then realised that it was the repetition of the squat thrusts all afternoon to make Tilly laugh.  My leg muscles haven't been used like that in quite some time.  

No comments: